Because a young person’s body isn’t fully developed, it’s important for a teen to be very careful when starting a bodybuilding workout. Here are a few things to follow for a teen who wants to get into bodybuilding:
* Teens under the age of 13 should never start an intense weight lifting regimen. It’s alright to start exercising, but stick to low-impact things like push ups and chin ups. The weight lifting can come later.
* Squats and dead lifts can be started after the age of 16. These exercises require good technique to be done correctly. If you don’t do them the right way, you can cause serious injury to your body.
* There is no reason you should ever take any type of testosterone supplements in your bodybuilding program. You’re young an really don’t need it. Yep…you’re pretty much a big walking bag of testosterone 😛 When a testosterone supplement is added to a teen bodybuilding program, you risk stunting your growth.
* Your diet should include a large amount of protein and carbs. These two nutrients provide you with energy and muscle building power, so be sure to eat good.
* Rest is also very important in a teen bodybuilding program. Not only will sleep help you concentrate more and be an effective exerciser, rest will also help your body prepare itself for another workout and repair whatever damage was done during the day. Muscles grow at night when you’re sleeping, so get a minimum of 8 hours of rest per night if not more.
* If you are serious about bodybuilding as a teen, it’s important that you stick with your workout program and keep an eye on your ultimate goal. Unless you have a very good reason, you need to stick with your workout plan and not skip days in favor of other activities. That World of Warcraft stuff and that Skyrim…it has to be cut out for awhile haha 🙂
Bodybuilding is a great way for a teen to get fit, lose weight, and stay healthy. If you start being conscious of your body and your health when you are young, you are setting the stage for a healthy adult life as well. In general, teen bodybuilding is a great way to achieve the goal of a healthy body and a healthy life – just be sure you aren’t pushing yourself beyond your limits. Use the advice of other seasoned lifters or maybe even a few coaches, and start today!